Wednesday 25 January 2017

New Life in Yorkshire success....

Image may contain: 2 people
Story found on facebook today - So impressed with this amazing Syrian refugee Razan Alsous.  She has not only settled with her family in Yorkshire but been entrepreneurial in spirit to fill a niche in the market - with the development of Syrian traditional cheese. 

You can read the full story of this family on their website and order products too.... but I want to you to see the amazing knowledge and skills that the refugees have that had to flee the war in Syria.   It is such a waste of valuable people by their Despotic supposed Leader who turned against his own citizens.. We really do need to rebuild their lives and facilitate this as much as possible.  People that can add to and enhance communities not a burden as you see in this success story. 

Yorkshire Dama Cheese is a story of inspirational bravery by a woman who refused to let her circumstances define or constrain her. It is about finding a new place to call home and new experiences which has lead to the creation of a British multi-award winning cheese and dairy company. 

Here Razan Alsous, the Founder of Yorkshire Dama Cheese, tells her personal story:

“We came to the UK after the war in Syria in 2012. With my husband and three young children, we had lost almost everything and had to settle into a new life in Yorkshire. Initially I began searching for a job but despite having a pharmacy degree and a scientific background my lack of references and work history in the UK made it extremely difficult. 
After some time I started to look at other options. I have three children and wanted so badly to build a bright future for them. So I started to think what was around me – the expertise I could tap into, the sources of support and other opportunities available to me. I came up with the following:

Look at their knowledge base....
I have a strong microbiological background, having graduated from the Medical Institute in Syria.
My Husband is an electronic engineer who ran his own business supplying the pharmaceutical and food industries in Syria with Quality Control labs. 

• I was now living in Yorkshire where the wonderful, high quality milk is available locally (and I believe is  it is a national value)
• The government is very supportive for the creation of start up business.
• Nowadays the squeaky semi hard cheese that I know and ate every day for breakfast in Syria is very trendy in the UK and British people love eating it!

http://yorkshiredamacheese.co.uk/

and you can find the company on facebook too..
Yorkshire Dama Cheese

 Image may contain: 6 people
Love this photo of the intentness of Princess Anne listening to the story.  

Well done and looking forward to trying this cheese too....  

No automatic alt text available.