Saturday 17 February 2018

Clothes swap in Athens Salvation Army

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling
Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people sitting
This is a good idea for the refugees in Athens to come along and swap childrens clothes.  The Salvation Army in Athens is doing a good job.... I wish I had had more time in Athens to visit them and see their projects. 
This week, our Mommy and Baby Group was involved in a “Swap Table”. Mamas brought clothing items that their babies have outgrown to “swap” them for other clothing items that will fit them. A practical way to get rid of items that are too small for their babies while obtaining new clothing for right now and later. This was also a great way to share what we have, build community and bless one another.
This week, the " moms and babies " group participated in a " exchange table ". each mom brought in the kinds of clothing they no longer do to their babies, to exchange them with other clothing that fit them. A practical way to get rid of species that are too small for their babies, while they have received new clothes that are convenient at age but also later. This was also a very good way to share what we have, build the community and bless each other.
This reminds me of the amazing donations I had for the Family Link Up in 2016 and the wonderful energy of being able to wash iron air and vacuum pack all the baby clothes I had been given to take to Boshra in the Eleonas Camp Athens for us both to distribute among the mothers.... I time I will never ever forget and miss so much.  I feel so tied down with no funding to get out and about again to visit my refugees.  Family Link Up Project